My guests today are Sherry and Rob Walling. Sherry and Rob are world travelers who hold down “steady jobs” and still manage to take yearly trips abroad with their children. They share their process of planning these trips with me. As well as what is like to travel with 5 and 9 year old boys.
Rob Walling is a serial entrepreneur who most recently co-founded Drip, an email marketing automation tool. He’s been teaching software entrepreneurs how to build, launch and grow software startups for 10 years through his blog, his book Start Small, Stay Small: A Developer’s Guide to Launching a Startup, his conference MicroConf, and popular startup podcast, Startups for the Rest of Us.
Sherry Walling is a practicing psychologist who has a serious passion for travel and enjoys sharing these world adventure with her family every year.
The topics we discuss on today’s episode is:
- Why staying in more than one place can be exhausting.
- How Sherry and Rob arrange their month off of work with their bosses.
- How working online has changed their travel plans.
- What this travel tradition has done for their children’s development.
- Common excuses that non-travelers use to avoid beginning a nomadic lifestyle.
- How to ease into a traveling lifestyle.
No matter what your responsibilities or obligations in this life, travel is a viable option with just a little forethought and planning. Sherry and Rob prove this in spades.
If you would like to hear more about the Wallings’s travel experinces go to Zenfounder.com to listen to their weekly podast.
Resources Mentioned During Today’s Episode:
- Start Small, Stay Small: A Developer’s Guide to Launching a Startup
Like the podcast? Help us!
If you enjoy these candid conversations about work, life, travel, and business, support us to keep going:
- Subscribe in iTunes to Nomadic Entrepreneurs
- Leave us a 5-star review in iTunes
- Share the podcast with your friends
Hopefully the fact that your show of support will keep the podcast going is reward enough for you. But we want to sweeten the deal for you even further:
After you’ve submitted your review, send an email to email@example.com. Once you do, you’ll get an exclusive Roundtable Report with six Nomadic Entrepreneurs on sharing their take on some of the questions nomadic entrepreneurs get asked most frequently, like:
- How do you get started?
- Where should you travel?
- How do you make an income while traveling?
- How do you deal with the work/life balance while traveling? (You’re traveling to somewhere exotic and exciting, after all!)
This 6-page Roundtable Report will help you get your most pressing questions answered — and hopefully give you the encouragement to take that trip you’ve been dreaming about. All you need to do is:
- Subscribe to Nomadic Entrepreneurs in iTunes
- Leave a review of the show
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org