My guest today is the owner and founder of Audience Ops. Brian Casel runs a content marketing business with an all remote team. He also co-hosts a weekly podcast Bootstrapped Web with Carthook founder Jordan Gal. This style of business has enabled Brian and his family to take a cross country adventure.
Brian traveled with his wife and 18 month old daughter to some of the major cities of the United States. They hope to make the move to Southeast Asia and parts of Europe. They loved the excitement and diversity of their trip. Each stop in Brian’s journey is like temporarily “setting up shop” and living as a local. At the time of this recording they were in Asheville, North Carolina.
Brian discusses his travel plans with me and offers insight as to how he and his wife were able to make this happen.
Here are some things we discussed:
- Brian’s tentative travel schedule
- How Brian made arrangements ahead of time for their trip
- How Brian runs his business while traveling
- The benefits of “living like a local”
- What is a “lifestyle business?”
Today’s episode is a great example of how nomadic business doesn’t have to be an all-or-nothing thing. If you are interested in learning more about Brian visit casjam.com or audienceops.com. You can also follow Brian on Twitter @casjam.
Resources Mentioned During Today’s Episode:
Like the podcast? Help us!
If you enjoy these candid conversations about work, life, travel, and business, support us to keep going:
- Subscribe in iTunes to Nomadic Entrepreneurs
- Leave us a 5-star review in iTunes
- Share the podcast with your friends
Hopefully the fact that your show of support will keep the podcast going is reward enough for you. But we want to sweeten the deal for you even further:
After you’ve submitted your review, send an email to email@example.com. Once you do, you’ll get an exclusive Roundtable Report with six Nomadic Entrepreneurs on sharing their take on some of the questions nomadic entrepreneurs get asked most frequently, like:
- How do you get started?
- Where should you travel?
- How do you make an income while traveling?
- How do you deal with the work/life balance while traveling? (You’re traveling to someone exotic and exciting, after all!)
This 6-page Roundtable Report will help you get your most pressing questions answered — and hopefully give you the encouragement to take that trip you've been dreaming about. All you need to do is: