My guest today is Jake Jorgovan. He is a writer, and owner of Outbound Creative. On today’s show Jake tells me about his year abroad with his then-fiancee, and now-wife. We discuss the quirks of travel and the lessons we picked up along the way.Subscribe to Nomadic Entrepreneurs in iTunes to get today's episode!
After reading The 4 Hour Work Week, Jake was inspired to move out of Nashville and see the world. What followed was a year long adventure that took him to Mexico, the Philippines, Singapore, and eventually Europe. In total he visited 13 countries.
Other topics we discussed are:
- The varying visa laws from country to country.
- The problems that Jake and his wife dealt with abroad.
- How Jake set up his business in Mexico.
- The changing start-up culture in Germany right now.
- Why disconnecting from online is a good thing.
You can learn more about Jake, read his blog and listen to his podcast at Jake-Jorgovan.com
You can also learn more about Jake’s outbound marketing company Outbound Creative at OutboundCreative.com
Like the podcast? Help us!
If you enjoy these candid conversations about work, life, travel, and business, support us to keep going:
- Subscribe in iTunes to Nomadic Entrepreneurs
- Leave us a 5-star review in iTunes
- Share the podcast with your friends
Hopefully the fact that your show of support will keep the podcast going is reward enough for you. But we want to sweeten the deal for you even further:
After you’ve submitted your review, send an email to email@example.com. Once you do, you’ll get an exclusive Roundtable Report with six Nomadic Entrepreneurs on sharing their take on some of the questions nomadic entrepreneurs get asked most frequently, like:
- How do you get started?
- Where should you travel?
- How do you make an income while traveling?
- How do you deal with the work/life balance while traveling? (You’re traveling to someone exotic and exciting, after all!)
This 6-page Roundtable Report will help you get your most pressing questions answered — and hopefully give you the encouragement to take that trip you've been dreaming about. All you need to do is: