Today I talk to Sean D’Souza a writer and business owner. Sean is known for his commitment to 3 month vacations. He shares how he makes that work and why people need to reconsider their own down time/work time ratio.
Sean has a formula that works for him, he works for about 3 months, then takes a month off to recharge. He feels it is hard to switch from work mode and vacation mode. So it’s best to work out processes that will help you switch back into work mode after a vacation. His company is built on this idea where clients are notified and the whole business goes on minimum contact with Sean.
Sean is very serious about energy management. He discusses this with me as well as these topics:
- How managing your energy helps your happiness.
- How it affects long term memory.
- How it also affects your pain perception.
- Sean’s definition of a “business.”
- What is low energy is and how it is subjective.
Not everyone can take 3 months off at a time, but there are things you can do to stop and recharge. Like take a nap. Naps are basically “mini vacations.”
Resources Mentioned Today:
Like the podcast? Help us!
If you enjoy these candid conversations about work, life, travel, and business, support us to keep going:
- Subscribe in iTunes to Nomadic Entrepreneurs
- Leave us a 5-star review in iTunes
- Share the podcast with your friends
Hopefully the fact that your show of support will keep the podcast going is reward enough for you. But we want to sweeten the deal for you even further:
After you’ve submitted your review, send an email to email@example.com. Once you do, you’ll get an exclusive Roundtable Report with six Nomadic Entrepreneurs on sharing their take on some of the questions nomadic entrepreneurs get asked most frequently, like:
- How do you get started?
- Where should you travel?
- How do you make an income while traveling?
- How do you deal with the work/life balance while traveling? (You’re traveling to someone exotic and exciting, after all!)
This 6-page Roundtable Report will help you get your most pressing questions answered — and hopefully give you the encouragement to take that trip you've been dreaming about. All you need to do is: